Why The Milam Group
25 Reasons to use the Milam Group for your real estate needs.
We Know Greater Nashville and Williamson County
1. We are knowledgeable professionals who understand the local real estate market and can position you for success.
2. We inform you, guide you, advocate for you and protect your best interest. We’ve got this.
We Help You Find Financing
3. We can arrange a no-obligation, pre-approval meeting for you with one of our preferred mortgage lenders to initiate a loan approval, confirm your market range and increase your negotiating leverage as a ready, willing, and able buyer.
We Help Find You the Right Home
4. We search the Middle Tennessee Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and we actively network with agents, local businesses and homeowners in your preferred neighborhoods.
5. We search for pocket listings, “Coming Soons” and talk to folks who are considering a move. We search for every home coming for sale that fits your criteria.
6. We set you up on a proprietary search platform that provides the most current information about available homes in the neighborhoods you love.
7. We set you up on auto alerts.
8. We arrange private showings of homes you want to see within your price range that suit your needs.
9. We provide expert knowledge of the area including market trends and nuances as well as information about schools, neighborhoods and local economy.
10. We provide answers to questions such as how long has it been on the market and why are they selling, what have homes in the area sold for, what is the current value of the property, what are the taxes and utilities, how much are the homeowners dues, where are the nearest shops, schools, restaurants, etc.
We Can Help You Build a Home
11. We know the local builders and their products.
12. We can arrange meetings for you with the builder of your choice.
13. We explain the building process and assist you in structuring an offer.
14. We assist you with the selection process, attend building meetings and reviews, follow up on all inspections and advocate on your behalf throughout the process.
We Negotiate on Your Behalf
15. We discuss different strategies including the offer price, the pros and cons of contingencies, the process of multiple offers, the current list-price to sales-price ratios and the impact that inventory has on home values. We help you structure an offer that meets your goals.
16. We review and explain all disclosures and addendums.
17. We inform and assist you with all inspections–including general home inspection, radon inspection, mold inspection, structural inspections, and pest inspections–appraisals, surveys, etc.
18. We negotiate terms, counter offers and repairs during the inspection period.
19. We work with your lender to answer outstanding questions, meet contractual deadlines and keep the process moving forward.
We Coordinate the Transaction
20. We assist you, your lender and your attorney in clarifying title, zoning, building codes, access easements and HOA.
21. We schedule and confirm that all contingencies on the purchase agreement are satisfied.
22. We provide you with a comprehensive list of local and preferred vendors and contractors to keep on hand.
23. We finalize and coordinate closing with your lender and attorney.
24. We carefully review the Closing Statement with you before closing and assist you at closing. We Stay in Touch
25. We invite you to Unsecret Nashville with us throughout the year at happy hours, lunch and learns and client events.
26. We provide monthly market snapshots about on-going market activity in your neighborhood.
27. We provide annual market reports so you can keep up with trends in your neighborhood.